Advancing a 28th Amendment
for limits on campaign spending and corporate rights
Read the Full Petition
This Act establishes a non-partisan Citizens Commission to advance the policy of Massachusetts in favor of amending the Constitution of the United States to overturn Citizens United v. FEC
It is the intent of this Act:
- To protect the integrity and fairness of elections and government
- To prevent corruption
- To secure the right of all Americans to be represented and to participate in self-government as equal citizens
- To protect the freedom of speech, of the press, and other rights of all Americans over the privileges of artificial entities
Establishment of a Citizens Commission Concerning a Constitutional Amendment for Government of the People
- The People find and declare that the establishment of a non-partisan Citizens Commission as provided herein will ensure prudent consideration of such a constitutional amendment by the Massachusetts Congressional delegation and by the citizens and the General Court of Massachusetts during the ratification process to follow Congressional approval.
- The Citizens Commission shall research, take testimony, report, and make such recommendations as may be of assistance in drafting, promoting, proposing, and ratifying such a constitutional amendment.